Traditional North-Indian snacks made at festivals like Holi, Diwali.
- Dhuli Urad Dal (White lentil) – 250 gms
- Jeera ( Cumin seeds) for flavor
- Salt to taste
- Refined oil to fry.
For topping Per Serving
- Dahi ( Curd )
- Meethi Imli Chutney ( Tamarind chutney )
- Dhaniya Chutney
- Lal Mirch powder (Red Chilli Powder)
Making the Vadas
- Soak Urad dal (cleaned and washed) for 4 to 5 hours and grind without adding water into a paste.
- Whisk the above paste with hands clockwise only and add Salt and Jeera.
- Dip your four fingers in clean water and then take small portions of paste so that it does not stick to your hands.
- Put them into medium heated refined oil in pan.
- Fry until golden brown and let them cool outside.
- Add all the fried Vadas in cool water until they absorb water and become soft.
Making the Serving
- Finely whisk the curd .
- Take 2-3 Vadas in a bowl.
- Add Curd over the top.
- Add roasted jeera powder, Lal Mirch powder and salt to taste.
- Finally, add Imli Chutney over the top and also Dhaniya Chutney according to taste.